Being a bit of a perfectionist, I altered the template to allow the tea lights to fit snugly and the box to close fully. Step-by-step instructions as follows:
1. Cut a piece of card to 30x16cm and score/cut as per the following template:
You can score all the lines after measuring then use this as a guide for where to cut.
2. Your cut card will look like this. Now fold all the score lines.
3. Add double-sided tape to the tabs as below then fold the box, starting by sticking tab 1 to tab 2.
4. Your box should look like this, with the top open.Insert three tea lights and glue the top of the box shut.
5. Your completed card will now look like this, ready to be embellished.
This is my finished card.
I have embellished it using Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, Sizzix Sizzlits Flower Die & Textured Impressions Dots embossing folder, Embossalicious Floral Frenzy embossing folder, Papermania brads, Little Claire Designs outline stickers and twine.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
5. The Crafter's Cafe - #32 Favourite Craft Item (Core'dinations)
See the next post for an envelope tutorial!