I started with a base of bronze card and added a wood plank effect paper right across, as if to be the deck of a ship. I ripped and Distress Inked some burlap postcard paper which I attached at an angle to the bottom left.
Next I ripped and screwed up some Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core card, then sanded it to distress. I know some people are afraid to screw the paper up, but it creates and wonderful worn effect when sanded. I think the colour I chose actually looks a bit like worn leather.
I attached the coloured image over this plus a Treasure Map image from Meljen's Designs, which is perfect for this theme. (Melissa is now moving in a different direction with her art, so unfortunately her digital images are no longer available to purchase).
I continued by threading some leather thong through a small piece of burlap, which I attached at an angle over the burlap postcard paper. I added my Distress Inked (Vintage Photo) sentiment and finished off with some metal gears and brads.
Promarkers used: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Oatmeal, Saitn, Pastel Beige, Black, Cool Greys 3, 4 & 5, Forest Green, Apple, Buttercup, Tulip Yellow, Mustard, Raw Sienna, Sandstone, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Cocoa, Lilac, Amethyst, Purple, Aubergine, Berry & Crimson.
Also used: Gold Sharpie
I am entering this cad into the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #23 Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations - #160 Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion - #319 Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs - July Anything Goes
- Crafting With An Attitude - #17 Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner - #79 Lots of Layers
- Fab 'n' Funky - #312 Two or More Designer Papers
- Inspiration Destination - #93 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #37 Anything Goes