Over on Facebook there was a Trick Or Treat Around The Blogs challenge hosted by Markers! Papers! Digis! so I grabbed this fabulous dollar digi from The East Wind called 'Thorns & Roses'. I coloured her up for the colouring competition in the group, but I've only just got around to making a card with her.
Since joining the Facebook group and investing in a class over at Kit & Clowder I've been more into colouring backgrounds for my images. I often just fussy-cut them, but when I leave them in a square or rectangle I now don't always like all that white space! (I also didn't used to have the confidence to colour a background).
So, I bring you one of my favourite card styles - the twisted easel. Since making my first one I now hardly ever make a straight easel. I love the extra dimension that the twist gives and you get so much more space to work with than just making a square card.
I have used the following products to create my card:
- Kraft card blank from Michaels
- Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection & Glittersilk card
- Tonic Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
- Gems & butterfly brad from my stash
- ProMarkers - Umber, Khaki, Pastel Beige, Satin, French Navy, Aegean, Sky Blue, Warm Grey 1-5, Black, Burgundy, Cardinal, Ruby, Olive, Moss, Pear, Indigo, Midnight & Cobalt
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
- Fab 'n' Funky - #326 Get Krafty!
- Glitter 'n' Sparkle - #214 AG
- I ♥ ProMarkers - #321 Distress Those Edges
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #45 AG
- The Crafty Addicts - #28 AG/Winter Blues
- Brown Sugar - #224 AG
- Crafty Catz - #346 AG
- Crafty Gals Corner - #97 Use A Sentiment
- Creative Fingers - #120 AG
- Dark 'n' Daring - #7 AG
- The East Wind (FB Group) - #33 Come Over to the Dark Side