I won some Aurora Wings images and couldn't resist colouring up 'Butterfly Sprite' and 'Hibiscus Set' up to go together. I wasn't sure what kind of card I was going to make with them, but luckily I found some inspiration over at the Power Poppy Blog. They are using a few sketches for inspiration in their latest challenge, so I decided to have a go as I don't normally go by sketches. I have used Sketch 3 and turned it 90°.
I've used a strip of acetate and a washer for weight to make the Butterfly Sprite 'fly' for a 3D effect.
Products I have used to create my card:
- Card blank
- Recollections & K&Co DP
- X-Cut oval die
- Metal washer
- ProMarkers - Magenta, Carmine, Cerise, Fuchsia, Pink Carnation, Blossom, Mulberry, Gold, Satin, Canary, Pine, Forest, Moss, Lime Green, Burnt Sienna, Caramel, Dusky Pink, Black, Cool Grey 5, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Sandstone, Mustard, Arctic Blue, Powder Blue, Saffron & Oatmeal
I've added a quick video from my phone to show the movement.
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
- Aurora Wings FB - April 'Flowers'
- Classic Design Team Open - #13 AG
- Come and Get It - In The Garden
- Crafting By Designs - Girls or Flowers
- Crafty Cardmakers - #186 Things With Wings
- Crafty Gals Corner - #118 Pastel Colours
- Fab 'N' Funky - #346 Fantasy
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #55 AG
- Passion for ProMarkers - Wk390 Flower Power
- Power Poppy - Pick-A-Sketch
- 613 Avenue Create - #196 AG/twist Spring
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #4 AG
- Aurora Wings - #47 Easter Pastels