Considering this, I grabbed one of Make It Crafty Zoe's e-books 'Colouring Long Hair in fine detail' as it comes with a gorgeous image 'Zoe' by Krista Smith.
I usually colour all of the hair with my darkest shade first, working down to the lightest. I often lose any highlight areas this way though, as I'm not really thinking about it. Zoe's technique is to think about the highlight area first, then start with medium colour and take a section at a time.
I'm really pleased with how the image came out, so I decided to put her on a card.
- Kraft card
- Green card
- Spellbinders dies
- Recollections ribbon
- Heart Tinklings and word chipboard from MIC
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle 'Onyx Black'
- ProMarkers - Cinnamon, Tan, Sunkissed Pink, Putty, Umber, Henna, Cocoa, Caramel, Warm Grey 3, Hot Pink, Lipstick, Olive, Pear, Cardinal, Ruby, Holly, Lush Green, Mint Green, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna & Ginger
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
- Make It Crafty - Anything Goes
- Pammies Inky Pinkies - #1828 AG
- TTCRD - 17-24 July AG
- Crafty Creations - #370 AG