I have chosen the image 'Skull With Roses' as I really love this type of art and wanted to use something different.
Rick has to say about this image: "It's an image that I have done in various ways many times-life and death or new life and death I think are common themes in western art.For some reason skulls and roses seem to be linked often - maybe it's the influence of the Dia de Muerte designs from Mexico?I think this design also has it's beginnings in Tattoo art."
It is such a striking image, I wanted to make more than just a card. I've never made a shadow box before, so my husband giving me some chocolates gave me the perfect excuse to try one!
I've used the following materials:
- Chocolate box
- Black tissue paper, white card, ribbon and glitter glue from my stash
- Core'dinations Glitter Silk card
- Pearls from Crafty Devils
- X-Cut Scalloped Circle die and circle die
- Sizzix Dies Love Set #3
- ProMarkers - Satin, Pastel Beige, Sandstone, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Cocoa, Lipstick Red, Berry Red, Crimson, Tea Green, Mint Green & Pine
I would like to enter this shadow box into the following challenges:
4. Crafty Catz - #227 B is for... box, bling, brown