Monday, 19 May 2014

Steampunk Cupcake

As you may know if you follow me, I love Steampunk, so I just had to have this wonderful image from MelJen's Designs!
I've also just bought a more masculine embossing folder, as I had lots of flowery ones which just don't really suit male cards. I thought this would go really well with the Steampunk theme. 
I asked for suggestions on Twitter for what colours to use on the image and I was told "It has to have gold on it somewhere", so I've used a gold card and some gold glitter pen.

I have used the following materials to create this card:
  • Card blank from Hobbycraft
  • Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock
  • Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations 'Diamond Plate' embossing folder
  • Papermania brads, eyelets, glitter & Chronology Cogs stamp
  • Heat It Up! embossing powder
  • ProMarkers - Tea Green, Mint Green, Pine, Satin, Pastel Beige, Sandstone, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Arctic Blue, Cool Grey 3, Cool Grey 4  & Black
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. Loving your steam punk cupcake...it really is great...fabby entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job love the image, makes me hungry. Great sparkle on it too. Nice layout. Thanks for playing our challenge at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!

    Leanne DT@LTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! So cute! Meljen's images are so cute! Love the steampunk theme! Thank you for playing along in our Male Cards/Male Colours challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Wishing you all the best in our draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice card love the bling
    thanks for joining at Incy Wincy design team
    Lynne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the steampunk cupcake!! Love the way you have used the embossing too!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

I am always trying to learn new techniques and improve my cardmaking and colouring skills, so your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Nicola x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...