To embellish I have used papers from Papercrafter magazine (issues 64 & 65) plus twine and gems.
I started by quilling some paper roses, glueing them to card and leaving to dry. I also cut some leaves from green patterned paper.
Next I glued different patterned papers to each step of the card. For the front step I applied PVA glue in a swirly pattern and laid green twine over this. I then glued the leaves and roses at intervals along the twine.
For the second step I glued a piece of lace to the top and added teardrop-shaped gems to the paper pattern at intervals. I left this step fairly plain otherwise as I really liked the pattern on the paper.
For the last step I scanned the paper I used for the roses so I could make it 'washout' colour and printed my sentiment on it. I used the heart-shaped doily to trace a heart on this and cut it out. I cut out some smaller hearts from another paper and attached these below the sentiment using 3D foam pads. I also added some faux-stitching before glueing the doily to card and attaching to the step.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
1. Allsorts - How Does Your Garden Grow
2. Challenges 4 Everybody - #30 Anything Goes
3. Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #49 Flowers
4. Creative Craft Challenges 2 - 20 Anything Goes
5. Cute Card Thursday - Pretty Ribbons
6. My Time To Craft - #236 Thank You
7. Polkadoodles - wk39 More than one fold
8. Cards Galore - Flowers
9. The Crafting Cafe - Anything Goes