I fairly recently started using Canson Illustration card for my markers, as the regular card I was using was feathering. Unfortunately it is 250g and my printer doesn't like it. So a very clever lady called Lucy recommended I tape a piece of paper to the end to trick the printer. It actually works and I've been using the method since. (Another unfortunate thing about this card is that it's 9"x12" so I have to cut off half an inch before it will fit in my printer).
I was rushing a bit in my printing as it was bedtime for the kiddies and I put the card in the wrong way up. Normally not a problem as my printer doesn't like thick card.... apart from right at that moment when it decided to work! So a couple of images printed across the tape. Typical.
I'm not one to waste though and the two images were flowers so I knew I could just use them cropped.
One of the images is Conie Fong's 'Flowers In A Vase'. This is a freebie image over on her Facebook group right now to celebrate the one year anniversary of her Etsy shop. I've put it behind a frame I made with gold card and two dies and mounted it to a flower-shaped card as I think this works really well.
Products used to create my card:
- HunkyDory flower card blank
- Designer Papers & tag 'English Tea Party' (magazine freebie)
- DoCrafts ribbon & eyelet
- X-Cut nesting dies, circle and scalloped circle
- Gold cardstock
- ProMarkers - Olive, Moss, Pear, Pine, Forest, Apple, Raw Sienna, Gold, Mustard, Burnt Orange, Peach, Soft Peach, Antique Pink, Pastel Pink, Sunkissed Pink, Khaki, Canary, Lemon, Soft Lime, French Navy, Cobalt, Powder Blue, Purple, Amethyst, Orchid, Lilac, Lavender, Fuchsia, Pink Carnation & Blossom
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
- Conie Fong Art & Design (FB) - February Freebie
- Though The Craft Room Door - W/C Feb 7th AG
- Inspiration Destination - #121 AG
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #51 AG
- Open-Minded Crafting Fun - #14 Flowering In February
- Crafty Creations - #334 AG
- Creative Fingers - #124 AG
- Brown Sugar - #237 Rhinestones and/or Ribbon
- Crafting When We Can - #137 Flowers